1. It strips us bare of everything.
2. It requires us to be brave and strong.
3. There is no choice but to allow things to happen to us.
4. It teaches us the value of patience and acceptance.
5. It’s where everyone is equal and no one is above anyone (except of course those who are skilled and can keep you alive during emergency situations).
6. It opens your heart to loving life more.
7. It clears your head and puts you back on neutral.
8. The long walks give you enough time to think about literally anything under the sun.
9. It allows you to appreciate nature even more.
10. The best stories are made and created outdoors.
11. It makes you value interdependency.
12. There’s nowhere else to go.
13. You get to use all your senses and you become sharper.
14. You become aware of yourself, of what you can and cannot do (which might not be a lot).
15. You become a better human being as you go on your journey.