I visited Salt Lake City, Utah, last month. Spent a lot of time outside, made new friends and memories. My observations about this state: There is a sense of calm and quietness as soon as I landed in the airport. You can literally see a mountain range everywhere you turn. The place is simply beautiful.
To make Utah even more memorable for me, I created a playlist with songs that I listened to, heard and played during my stay there. Sharing these songs with you so you can listen to them too. I hope you like them and make these songs a part of your playlist! A lot of these are folk and country songs (which I didn’t like before) but this genre grew on me simply because it’s so easy to listen to and I am able to relate to words and music most of the time. It is heartfelt, feels genuine and the perfect background for a nap after a hike. YUMMM!
- Caravan by Passenger
- Rocky Mountain High by John Denver
- You Make Me Feel (Like A Natural Woman) by Aretha Franklin
- Layla by Eric Clapton
- Fire and Rain by James Taylor
- Country Road by James Taylor
- I Try by Ben Taylor (if you have not heard this version, check it out now!!)
- Barfly by Ray LaMontagne
- Home Again by Michael Kiwanuka
- God Only Knows by The Beach Boys
- Mama’s Eyes by Justin Townes Earle
- If I Had A Boat by Lyle Lovett
- Please Read The Letter by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss
- Emmylou by First Aid Kit
- Tupelo Honey by Van Morrison
- Suite: Judy Blue Eyes by Crosby, Stills & Nash
- How Deep Is That River by Mason Jennings
- If I Keep My Heart Out of Sight by James Taylor
Songs make great bookmarks to our lives. We hear a tune and it can easily remind us of a specific moment in the past, trigger positive (or negative) emotions and relive that time again and again.
What song reminds you of YOUR travels?