Believe it or not, I am looking forward to turning 30. Why? Here’s why.
- A birthday always comes with an epiphany. Wonder what crazy thoughts I will have on that day.
- An epiphany is something I bring with me for a long time.
- Time runs faster as I get older.
- Because I know I’m older, I want, even more, to grab life by its balls.
- I want, even more, to move faster.
- I want, even more, to go slower and take the time. It’s confusing but we’ll figure it out one day.
- Life’s balls, which I see as opportunities and adventures are scattered everywhere.
- Everywhere, there are wise people to ask and learn from. They don’t have to be CEOs, spiritual leaders nor billionaires. Wisdom can come anyone.
- Learning never ends. This new year is another school year.
- Another year begins!
Truth is, a birthday is just a date. It’s just additional 24 hours consisting of work just like any other day, good food, Facebook birthday greetings and more socializing than usual. What makes it special is that I get reminded of all the things I should be thankful for and there’s so much. Life is and was never perfect but it doesn’t mean life is less meaningful. If you are family or a friend, thank you for being in my life, for seeing me through. I have a simple party for my birthday and I truly hope you can come.
Dear reader, even if we haven’t met personally, if you got into this page through whatever means, thank you for passing by and I hope we get to meet in one of your (or my) trips in the future.
If you want some throwback, here are photos from the 29th birthday!